The Developer proposes:
- A massive increase in home density.
- An increase in traffic on Boggy Creek Road near the already conjested high school.
- Development is approzimately 70% townhomes in a development previously approved for only detached homes.
- Decreasing lots sizes from already approved 70 ft wide to only 20 feet wide.
- Decreasing home sqaure footage from 1700 sf minimum to 1200 sf minimum.
- A radical change in the extent and layout of the recreational ammenities.
- A radical change in the look and feel of the housing layout
- An unbalanced distribution of open space and recreation areas, especially in the upper 2/3 of the development
- Abolishing the commercial operation of the marina. It will be controlled by the homeowners association.
- Massive destruction of the specimin grandfather oak trees throughout the upper 2/3 of the housing area.
- Creating a high traffic by-pass around the high school through residential streets.
These self-serving developer proposals differ from what has already been agreed to and voted upon. Join us in tellng Zoning how you feel about them making new promises to a developer by breaking long-standing promises to area residents.
Changes to existing agreements should be made when they are better for the community, not the developer.
The Osceola County Planning/Zoning office is hosting a second community meeting to allow area
residents an opportunity to provide inut about plans to build 429 new residences
across from Tohopekaliga High School on approximately 100 acres of land currently
used as the Boggy Creek Resort and RV Park.
An opportunity will be availalble to ask questions and make comments about the project and its impact on the community.
You MUST attend this meeting, particularly if you are interested in this
project's impact on home valuations, traffic congestion and lake access.
You may also contact the following Osceola County representatives: